RE: text wrap

From: Pawson, David <DPawson@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:47:11 -0000
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
 Jon Ferraiolo  wrote:
>There have been numerous requests for this feature. Unfortunately, it
>doesn't look like it is going to happen with SVG 1.0. The SVG
>working group
>decided against this feature for SVG 1.0 very early when we were
>identifying the graphics feature set for the upcoming
>language. One reason
>is that XHTML/CSS/XSL do word wrap
<snip/>

Thanks for the reply Jon.
XSL is not much good here with todays implementations.
CSS does word wrap?
CSS2?
or by setting miniscule margins/big padding? Not in this scenario IMHO.
XHTML? No different from SVG surely?

OK, will it be in SVG 1.1?

Also, a request to viewer developers.
In HTML, when I have an image with alt text, it shows
when the mouse hovers over it.

The desc and title elements on the IBM viewer appear unused.
Is this the case? How might they be handled?

regards, DaveP

ps. Nice job folks. I'm having fun with it.
Are you interested in general comments re the wd?