Rotating Text in http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20000802/text.html

From: chris elliott <cje2@biolpc22.york.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:40:35 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

In the section about rotating text,
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20000802/text.html, it seems very vague
about which point the text should be rotated. Could it not be made more
explicit? My interest comes from trying to write a windows -> SVG converter,
where MS windows always rotates the text about the top left corner of the
characters, whereas the SVG start is approximately the bottom left corner,
though as the text rotates, it seems as though the rotation point may also
shift. So far I have only tried to deal with ASCII characters

Any clarification appreciated
chris