About the indication territory of svg

From: Elisa Kawai <elisa@tp-net.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:05:50 +0900
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hellow.

I want to acquire the indication territory
of svg when svg was indicated in viewbox..

* The first condition
    The indication territory of viewbox and svg is the same.

* When svg was moved in viewbox
    The indication territory of viewbox and svg is different.

I think that viewbox is smaller when the upper right coordinate of
svg is compared with the upper right coordinate of viewbox.
In other words, svg protrudes from viewbox.
What method is svg's own rectangle information acquired by?

Elisa Kawai