Re: Using data URL's (was Re: images)

Leonard,
It appears that Adobe misunderstood the spec and thus isn't generating the
MIME type string as it should. We didn't notice this because our viewer
doesn't need the MIME type setting. It always sniffs the contents to figure
out what type it is, rather than depend on the MIME type setting that is
provided.

This has been logged as a bug and will be fixed in a future release. The
implication of this bug is that content generated from Adobe Illustrator 9
which embeds images inline does not include a MIME setting, so other
software that wants to open that file will only be able to open it if they
also sniff the contents to determine what type of image it is. (Or the
files will need to be corrected manually.)

(Red faced)
Jon