Re: images

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:15:55 +0200
To: Jon Ferraiolo <jferraio@Adobe.COM>
CC: RobertoBe <RobertoBe.software@teseo.com>, www-svg@w3.org

Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> Here is an example of something I exported from Adobe Illustrator 9. The
> original file contained only a single raster image which is a checkerboard
> of red, green and blue squares. I am pretty sure that the embedded raster
> file is a PNG.

I suspect it may have been JPEGed at some point in its existence; which may
mean itis a JPEG file otr may mean it isa PNG file that has been previously
JPEGed.

The MIME type is missing, as has been noted, from your example. Adding the
PNG mimetype does not affect display of the image; then again, adding any
string in there doesn;t seem to affect the displayof the image.

here is a modified version that illustrates this (MIME type is image/silly)
and also I made the width and height be 100% so that the variations in the
image colors can be seen.

--
Chris

data-withsillymime.svg
(image/svg attachment: data-withsillymime.svg)