Re: Need clarifications about text

From: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:59:59 +0200
To: Jon Ferraiolo <jferraio@Adobe.COM>
cc: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>, www-svg@w3.org

> For the case of gradientUnits="objectBoundingBox", the bounding box is the
> tightest rectangle enclosing all of the rendered glyphs in the entire
> 'text' element. This definitely warrants clarification in the spec. (I am
> pretty sure the Adobe viewer has bugs in this area.)

According to this example :

<text style="fill:url(#horizontalGradient)">
abc<tspan style="fill:url(#verticalGradient)">def</tspan>ghi
</text>

You mean that if I have both a fill attribute on a text element and on its
enclosed tspan element, the tspan must be rendered twice ?

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/