Need clarifications about text

From: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:42:26 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
cc: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr
Hi,

I need clarifications about the text and tspan element.

Here is my example :

<tspan x="1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6" style="fill: url(#horizontalLineatGradient)">
  abc<tspan x="10, 20, 30">def</span>ghi

1 - What's the coodinates of the "ghi" glyphs ? I suppose that they will
be rendered at x=4, x=5 and x=6 but may be you could add some
hints in the spec.

2 - Does the "ghi" glyphs will be rendered using the same instance of
the horizontalLinearGradient definition (the gradient will continue from "abc"
 to "ghi") or does the gradient will restart from the beginning ?

3 - The enclosed tspan uses the same fill than its parent's element. Does
the "def" glyphs will be rendered using the same instance of the
horizontalLinearGradient  than its parent (the gradient will continue through
the whole string "abcdefghi") ?

And at last, if one of the glyph is an SVG document ? what is the impact
in case of we use a gradient ? May be the WG should add clarifications
in case of tspan inside tpsan or tspan inside text element as far as
fill (gradient) is concerned.

Any comments ?
Thierry.

--