From: "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters@domblogger.net>
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: accessible tables
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 22:21:27 +0200

Hello,

I am sure this is covered somewhere, but I just can not find where.

Tabular data, 9 pairs of key = value data. But the table cell contents
are short, so instead of just two columns I want to do four columns
where the third is a continuation of the first and the fourth is a
continuation of the third, e.g.

[ caption of the table]
[ key ] [ value ] [ key ] [ value ]
001     first     006     sixth
002     second    007     seventh
003     third     008     eighth
004     fourth    009     tenth
005     fifth

Is there a way to mark that up so screen readers will read them as pairs
in the order 001 to 009 in order?

I can't be the first to have needed this.

--
Chaals: Charles (McCathie) Nevile    find more at https://yandex.com
Using Opera's long-abandoned mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/