Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

From: Brad Czerniak <ao5357@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:29:50 -0500
To: OwN-3m-All <own3mall@gmail.com>
Cc: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
Another non-member chiming in here with some fun background:

IIUC, a big push for text-decoration-skip-ink includes a popular medium
design post
<https://medium.design/crafting-link-underlines-on-medium-7c03a9274f9>
about their work with underlines, which was spurred on by a change to Chrome
<https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=338148>.

One important argument for skipping descenders by default is that it's more
accessible for users with dyslexia and other differing abilities (3-7% of
any given user base):
https://medium.com/@iamhiwelo/improving-text-readability-for-dyslexic-users-with-skip-ink-underlines-bf52a2f3426b