Re: [css-line-grid][css-books] one property or more?

On Oct 2, 2014, at 9:19 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> Yes, that’s correct. Perhaps you’d add a class to the elements that should
> snap their lines (this would work for opt-out as well). I’m still in favor
> of opt-in, given Dave’s evaluation that there would be fewer elements
> using the grid than not. Do you want to argue for the opt-out scheme with
> a single property?

Are you sure that, in Latin text, there would be fewer elements using the grid than not? If p snaps but h[1-6] does not, then the spaces after the headings will be random depending on its height because the next p will snap.

At least in East Asia, I think we’d want almost every element to snap. Headers need to snap to multiple of grids, but they still snap.

/koji