Re: [css-line-grid][css-books] one property or more?

On 10/2/14, 12:31 AM, "Christoph Päper" <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
wrote:

>Alan Stearns 2014-10-01:
>>
>> My strong preference is to have line snapping be an opt-in property.
>>One very common use case (…) is to only have body text snap to the grid
>>and not headings. So an opt-out strategy would start to look like this:
>>
>> body { baseline-grid: new }
>> img, figure, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, nav, etc. { baseline-grid: none }
>>
>> And the opt-in version would be:
>>
>> body { line-grid: create }
>> p { line-snap: baseline }
>
>I guess this was intended to show, that opt-in would be less complex for
>authors, but there are of course more body text elements that usually
>should “aline” with ‘p’, e.g.:
>
>  p, dt, dd, li, blockquote, pre, … {line-snap: baseline;}

Yes, that’s correct. Perhaps you’d add a class to the elements that should
snap their lines (this would work for opt-out as well). I’m still in favor
of opt-in, given Dave’s evaluation that there would be fewer elements
using the grid than not. Do you want to argue for the opt-out scheme with
a single property?

Thanks,

Alan