[css-ui] text-overflow in overflow:visible blocks

From: Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 23:49:06 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
'text-overflow' was recently changed to be applied at the line box edge
instead of the block's content edge.  Here's the relevant spec text:

"This property specifies rendering when inline content overflows its
line box edge in the inline progression direction of its block container
element ("the block") that has overflow other than visible."

I think we should take one step further and drop the "that has overflow
other than visible" requirement.

That was part of Tantek's proposal under "In addition, ..." here:

Was that part considered but rejected? (if so, why?) or is it simply
an oversight when updating the spec?