Re: [css-transforms] inline box, atomic inline-level box and transformable elements

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:59:06 -0800
To: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Sunday 2014-02-09 10:14 -0500, Gérard Talbot wrote:
> transformable element
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transforms/#transformable-element
> "
>     A transformable element is an element in one of these categories:
>
>         an element whose layout is governed by the CSS box model
> which is either a block-level or atomic inline-level element, or
> whose display property computes to table-row, table-row-group,
> table-header-group, table-footer-group, table-cell, or table-caption
> [CSS21]
> "

While I don't question your interpretation of the spec, I'm not sure
that the above spec text is actually what we want.

Does it match implementation behavior?  If implementations are
supporting transforms on other elements, why shouldn't the spec?

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.