Re: [shadow-styling] alternative idea.

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:55:55 -0800
Cc: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Feb 10, 2014, at 10:52 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>> As soon as you will allow shadow dom styling expect
>> bunch of rules like these:
>>
>> body[theme=blue] input[type=date] -> table th.weekday { color:blue }
>> body[theme=blue] input[type=date] -> table td.today { background:blue }
>> body[theme=blue] input[type=date]:focus -> table td.today { background:red }
>
> I have no idea what these mean.  Are you using some weird custom
> syntax?  Is "->" supposed to mean "/shadow-all" or something?

It seems you DO have an idea of what those mean, since that is what I took it to mean too (or possibly just /shadow, if it matters to this). I believe "->" was even proposed earlier in the general discussion as an alternative syntax.

So, if we make this assumption, do you have any response to Andrew's point?