Re: [css-flexbox] Honor percent heights on children of stretched flex items (when flex container has fixed height)?

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:59:21 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On 02/05/2014 06:40 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Were you watching the #whatwg channel?  Or is it just coincidence that
> you bring this up when I answered a question for someone about this
> exact issue earlier today?

I think I was talking to that same guy on stackoverflow[1]  -- I
suggested using "min-height: 100%" on a grandchild of a flex container,
and then noticed that it didn't work in Chrome, which prompted me to dig
further & send this email. He mentioned there that he'd spoken to you &
that you suggested something else that worked.)

> And yes, Flexbox explicitly calls this out in its own definition of
> "definite".  (But that's really just a consequence of the general
> definition.)

Cool. That's what I thought; I just wanted to be sure the general
definition's "specified explicitly" text wasn't meant to be taken too
literally.

Thanks for the quick response!  I'll go ahead and file some bugs.

~Daniel

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21515042/scrolling-a-flexbox-with-overflowing-content/21532162