Resolutions regarding fragments

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 23:51:19 +1300
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
I do not understand this:

>   dbaron: 4 wrenches:  content box, padding box, border box, margin box
>   dbaron: could use * edge, * rectangle
>   SimonSapin: * area
>   fantasai: area already has an incompatible definition, and these terms
>             are used consistently all throughout our specs
>   RESOLVED: Don't use "element", "box", or "fragment" in new terms that
>             aren't elements, boxes, or fragments.  Where possible,
>             convert old terminology accordingly as well.

How was dbaron's issue resolved?

  RESOLVED: border-radius should get sliced across fragments, maintaining
>             unfragmented geometry.

How does this work when fragments have different widths? E.g. suppose the
top-right border-radius curve is sliced so some of it ends up in the second
fragment, which has a much smaller width than the first fragment. Does the
remaining part of the border-radius curve keep the same horizontal offset
and sort of disappear, or does it track the right edge of the fragment? The
latter approach means you can get a collision between the two border
corners if the second fragment is very narrow.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w