[css-syntax] Multiple !values

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:35:36 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

At the moment, the draft defines a single boolean flag on declarations
for !important. Issue 3 suggest generalizing that to arbitrary values.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-syntax/#issue-5cca2746

One possible use case that we discussed is adding type annotations to
Custom Properties for enabling interpolation:

   var-foo: red !type(color);

However, as we don’t know yet which syntax we want…

   var-foo: red !important !type(color);
   var-foo: red !important type(color);
   var-foo: red !important, type: color;

I suggest closing the issue for now and deferring this to a future level
of Syntax, when we have a CSS feature that uses this.

--
Simon Sapin