Re: [css-shapes] how to position <basic-shape>s

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Lev Solntsev <greli@mail.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>> While compatibility is good thing to concern, background-position syntax
>>> gives more possibilities. An element can be positioned from the bottom
>>> right corner. Also it's good for i18n—positioning from the right edge
>>> is an usual case in RTL-manner styling.
>>

>> You can do that without the <position> syntax - just use calc().  20px
>> from the right edge is "calc(100% - 20px)".  The <position> syntax
>> makes this more convenient/readable, but the only difference in
>> ability is the functionality of percentages.
>
> calc() does not allow for logical position keywords.

I'm well aware of that, which is why I support a shape() function as
discussed by Alan as well, so that when we actually extend <position>
to have logical keywords, it'll work there.

In the meantime, though, you can still position from either the left
or the right side.