Re: [css-shapes] how to size and position <image>s

On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:44 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>>> I'm assuming it's the same as for an image element?
>>
>> I think CSS Images does define that [1].
>
> It defines what it means and how it's used, but it doesn't
> define what it *is* in any given instance. If you invoke
> the concrete object size resolution algorithm, you have to
> explicitly provide a default object size.
>
> Unless you're reading a paragraph I missed? Mind quoting it?

It is a bit hard to read through all the definitions. The object size depends on the concrete object size, which depends on the intrinsic dimension and the specified size with the ultimate fallback to the default object size. The default object size depends on the definitions of each CSS property, as can be seen in section "Examples of CSS object size" (inconsistent name IMO).

So you are right, the default object size must be defined by the CSS property. I thought this was in CSS Shapes and was defined as the border box. But I can't find this in the spec right now. Alan: Did I mistakenly read it, or was it removed?

Greetings,
Dirk