Re: [css-fonts] proposal needed for synthesizing oblique fonts in vertical text

Hello Koji,

Monday, May 13, 2013, 3:45:51 PM, you wrote:

>> From: Chris Lilley [mailto:chris@w3.org]
>>
>> It is in relation to the baseline. Or, to think about this in another way, it is a skew transform
>> applied to the glyph outlines in the glyph coordinate system (and thus independent of
>> layout).

> Chris, "the baseline" and "glyph coordinate system" are different
> for upright glyphs in vertical flow.

> "Right sloping relative to (vertical) baseline" is #3 of the
> picture[1] and matches to my understanding.

> "Right sloping in glyph coordinate system" is #2 of the picture[1]
> and is different from my understanding.

> Which is your understanding?

Oh, I see what you mean.

I understand your point that the description I proposed doesn't
describe example 3.

Are there any fonts with non-synthesized (i.e, designed) obliquing for
Japanese glyphs and do these conform to example 3? In other words, is
that the desired result?

--
Best regards,