Re: Addressing space outside a document's root element

On 5/13/13 9:47 AM, Axel Dahmen wrote:
> Is this a peculiarity to HTML and the <body> element? Because if it
> isn't I would prefer if CSS provided a declarative way (hence, a
> selector) to address space outside the root element.

In HTML the root element is the <html> element, not the <body> element.

That said, for the particular case of the 'cursor' property the same
problem is present when it's set on the <html> element.

For some properties (e.g. 'background') CSS propagates the effect of the
property from the root element to the viewport.  Perhaps it makes sense
to do that for 'cursor' too...

-Boris