RE: [css-fonts] proposal needed for synthesizing oblique fonts in vertical text

> From: Chris Lilley [mailto:chris@w3.org]
>
> It is in relation to the baseline. Or, to think about this in another way, it is a skew transform
> applied to the glyph outlines in the glyph coordinate system (and thus independent of
> layout).

Chris, "the baseline" and "glyph coordinate system" are different for upright glyphs in vertical flow.

"Right sloping relative to (vertical) baseline" is #3 of the picture[1] and matches to my understanding.

"Right sloping in glyph coordinate system" is #2 of the picture[1] and is different from my understanding.

Which is your understanding?

[1] http://koji.ec/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/italics-vertical2.png

/koji