[css-device-adapt] Status (was: [CSSWG] Minutes 2013-03-13)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 05:03:13 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> Device Adaptation Status
> ------------------------
>
>    glazou: Anything else?
>    florian: Several things on device-adapation spec. Would be nice to
> tackle,
>             but would like to hear from rest of group.
>    florian: Think MS has partial implementation. Others?
>    florian: Agree with HÃ¥kon most of what was proposed
>    glazou: Since you're not working for Opera... is Opera still working
> on
>            this?
>    florian: I have don't know what they're doing
>    florian: I would guess they'll try to port this to WebKit
>    florian: Rune has sent a bunch of mails about this after the
> announcement,

I have proposed resolutions for many of the current issues on www-style.
Would be good to get a few of them resolved and perhaps publish a new WD?

I have two proposed resolutions awaiting response from Bert:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0007.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0017.html

This one hasn't arrived at a resolution:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0023.html

and I posted this one today:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013May/0041.html

>             so maybe still working on it. Pure speculation.

There is an implementation in Blink/WebKit, but it's not enabled, and it
needs more work. Opera will contribute to the Blink implementation, at
least.

There is also interest in enabling an implementation on all platforms:

>    florian: Tracked issues are fewer than the mailing list

Issues were spread across Issue Tracker, Bugzilla, and the spec itself. I
have moved the Issue Tracker issues to Bugzilla and the spec now points to
Bugzilla for issues.

--
Rune Lillesveen