Re: The :min-width/:max-width pseudo-classes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:45:00 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 3/23/13 5:36 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> On 3/23/13 4:18 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> I thought I'd explained the proposal sufficiently in my earlier email
>>> that gave the steps as a numbered list.  ^_^
>>
>> This is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0422.html ?
>
> Yes.

That algorithm, as written, sure seems to preclude parallel layout of
two viewport elements, in many cases, unless I'm just completely missing
something.

(It's also not entirely clear to me how well it plays with interruptible
layout that does not always run to completion and various other things,
honestly.)

-Boris