Re: The :min-width/:max-width pseudo-classes

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>>> This is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0422.html ?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> That algorithm, as written, sure seems to preclude parallel layout of two
> viewport elements, in many cases, unless I'm just completely missing
> something.

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, it doesn't preclude parallel layout,
as long as the two viewport elements are at the same level of
"nesting".  Any selectors relying on viewport sizes can only rely on
already-resolved ones, which is a set shared between the two, so they
don't need to interact directly.

> (It's also not entirely clear to me how well it plays with interruptible
> layout that does not always run to completion and various other things,
> honestly.)

Right, I'm less and less sure that this works, unfortunately.  :/
Viewport elements themselves can give nice benefits, but this seems
like it might erase a lot of other speed benefits we'd like to have.

~TJ