Re: [shadowdom]: Using :root to specify the insertion point in ::distributed

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:18:53 -0700
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Steve Orvell <sorvell@google.com>
Whoops, Hayato-san pointed out something I didn't realize.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:
> It seems that we need a way to refer to the insertion point itself in
> the selector. Tab suggested using ":root":
>
> ::distributed(:root>*)

I didn't mean to suggest this.  My suggestion was that :root match all
the top-level elements in the distributed set, so if you wanted to
select only the elements that were distributed, but not their
descendants, you'd write ::distributed(:root) and be done.