[shadowdom]: Using :root to specify the insertion point in ::distributed

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:39:14 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Steve Orvell <sorvell@google.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Good time of day, my stylish colleagues!

While using Shadow DOM's ::distributed pseudo element function, Steve
(cc'd) stumbled into an interesting use case: he needs to select
precisely the elements that are distributed to the insertion point,
but not their descendants. The naive ::distributed(*) selects elements
and their descendants, inclusively.

It seems that we need a way to refer to the insertion point itself in
the selector. Tab suggested using ":root":

::distributed(:root>*)

 It sounds good to me. How does it sound to you?

:DG<