Re: [css3-page] Idea for simplier page-margin boxes

Simon Sapin wrote:

 > > The page margin model is based on table layout.
 >
 > It’s not. Not since 7 years ago:
 > http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-page-20061010/#margin-dimension
 >

 > > For example, from [1]
 > […]
 > >    [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-page-20030909/
 >
 > Why are you quoting a decade-old version that has been updated multiple
 > times since?

To show where the work started. I still believe the table algorithm
can serve as a rendering model for headers and footers, and that it
would be simpler to describe that way.

 > > The prose in the specification has since changed and I agree that it's
 > > too complex. Here's my attempt at simplifying it:
 > >
 > >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Aug/0155.html
 >
 > Come on Håkon, where have you been in the past year? Since January 2012,
 > I have written about this to this list several times, proposed a
 > replacement algorithm, made a few iterations on it, edited it in the
 > spec, and published an updated WD with it.

You're right that I have been absent from that spec after posting my
comments. But my head hurts when trying to read the spec in its
current state, and I agree with Robert that it seems to create a new
formatting model just for page margins.

Here's another attempt at simplifying it:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0560.html

-h&kon