Re: [css3-fonts] @font-face font-family names used in other @font-face rules

Le 04/03/2013 20:24, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>> I think that Adam asked for the opposite: only use the ampersand from a font
>> from Google Web Fonts.
>
> Oh!  In that case, you do indeed need control over the CSS.  For most
> (all?) of the font-hosting services, though, you can indeed do that -
> just copy their CSS file manually into your own (possibly adjusting
> links as required, if they're relative), and add a unicode-range
> descriptor.
>
> That said, this does sound like a sufficient use-case to consider
> adding a third type of source into the 'src' descriptor, which
> explicitly refers to fonts exposed through @font-face.

I don’t know. It sounds easier to convince Google and other font
providers to allow something like this:

@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Foo&range=U+26);

… than spec a new CSS feature, make sure it’s well defined, convince
browser vendors to implement it, and wait for it to be deployed widely
enough.

--
Simon Sapin