Re: lazy loading for images via css

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 09:12:51 +0100
To: Felipe Nascimento de Moura <felipenmoura@gmail.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>, brice@websailors.fr
Le 29/06/2013 03:43, Felipe Nascimento de Moura a écrit :
> Therefore, I think it would be highly adopted by developers if browsers
> could support all
> background-load-method: postponed;
> background-image: url(mygreatestphoto.jpg) postponed;
> background-image: image(postponed "foo.png");

I think we’d only want the last one. First, redundant features that do
exactly the same thing should be avoided.

But more importantly it’s not just background images: CSS as more and
more places where images are used: list-style-image, border-image,
content, … We don’t want to define additional properties or syntax for
each of them. Adding stuff in image() has the advantage of being
self-contained.

--
Simon Sapin