[css-regions] ::region() or ::fragment() pseudo-element

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:01:11 -0700
To: W3C WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
CC: Tab Atkins <jackalmage@gmail.com>
An earlier discussion [1] of the region styling syntax ended with a choice
between what's currently in the draft

<region-selector>::region(<content-selector>) {}

And a reversal of the selectors, with a change to ::fragment()

<content-selector>::fragment(<region-selector>) {}

I think the latter might be useful for other fragment containers, but I'm
a bit worried about grouping. One problem with ::region() thatıs been
noted is that you may want to style a number of <content-selector>s for a
given region, which will require some duplication to express. Am I correct
in assuming that some future grouping solution would probably be limited
to grouping on the left side of the pseudo-element? If that's the case, we
should probably stick with the current syntax.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013May/0632.html