[css-flexbox] [css-align] unprefixing alignment properties before css-align

From: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger@google.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:42:33 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Hi all,

I would like to unprefix and ship flexbox in Chrome, and have a patch
ready to do so.

But before I do that, I wanted to hear opinions about shipping the
align-*/justify-* properties before we implement the full css-align
spec. For example, conceivably, web authors will write code like:

  * { justify-content: center; }

And for now it will only apply to flexbox, but once we implement
css-align, it would start applying to all blocks and mess up layouts.

Now personally, I think that risk is somewhat low and people can just
fix their sites, but does anyone have other opinions on this?

-christian