Re: Is there a formula for converting a linear gradient to a box-shadow?

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:45:56 +0100
To: Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa@gmail.com>
Le 31/01/2013 00:50, Behrang Saeedzadeh a écrit :
> - And the question is: is there a formula for creating a box shadow that
> renders identical to a given linear gradient?

I think not, because there is no syntax to specify a different blur
radius in the horizontal and vertical direction.

And even if you had that, a linear gradient to transparency and a box
shadow that look similar are not quite the same. Their respective
"profiles" would be a triangle (linear interpolation) and a bell curve
(a Gaussian function.)

--
Simon Sapin