Re: A proposed standard for CSS-controlled sentence spacing

From: Markus Ernst <derernst@gmx.ch>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:48:46 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Am 10.01.2013 22:29 schrieb Tab Atkins Jr.:
> I'm with Hixie for now, in the corresponding thread you've raised in
> WHATWG about adding a <sentence> tag to HTML.  This doesn't seem to be
> particularly useful, existing markup can handle it,

.sentence { margin-right: 0.5em; }

This has the downside that it won't justify when the end of the sentence
happens to be at the right margin. I am not perfectly familiar with all
aspects of CSS3, so forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't see how
Thomas' task could be handled with existing markup.

Maybe it would be a good idea to propose a new property that behaves
like margin between adjacent inline elements, but does not affect the
distance from the container boundaries?

.sentence { inline-margin-right: 0.5em; }