Re: [css3-syntax] Escaping U, R or L in url() tokens

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 08:36:28 -0800
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> I think it possible to change the tokenizer now in the new css3-syntax
and I argue that CSS 2.1 has issues that should be fixed (like the sign not
being part of NUMBER tokens.)

Already accepted as 2.1 errata, and in the Syntax draft.

> But I also that such changes are costly and we should refrain from making
more of them after css3-syntax has stabilized a bit.

I agree that tokenizer changes are expensive, but don't feel we should ever
shut down the possibility. Its no easier now, with the Syntax draft, than
it was a year or two ago, or will be join a few years. The limiting factor
is just back-compat, as usual.