Re: [css3-syntax] Escaping U, R or L in url() tokens

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 13:26:37 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 03/01/2013 16:24, Simon Sapin a ťcrit :
> Hi,
>
> In both CSS 2.1 and the css3-syntax ED, url( is ASCII case-insensitive
> but can not be escaped. This looks deliberate to be, but Iím told that
> it could be an oversight. Itís a bit inconsistent with at-rules.
>
> According to this test case:
>
> data:text/html,<style>@import \75rl(data:,body{background:green)
>
> Ö url( can be escaped in Firefox and Opera but not in Chromium.
>
> I donít think this ever is a problem in practice. We should just settle
> one way or the other, have it in a test suite and move on.

Actually, this has been raised and accepted before. It seems the edit
was just never made.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012May/0329.html
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/uri-015.htm

In terms of css3-syntax, itís probably easiest to handle this in the
ident-rest state. Attached is a patch for doing so for both URLs and
unicode ranges.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin