Re: [css3-syntax] Escaping U, R or L in url() tokens

On Jan 4, 2013 4:28 AM, "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:

> Le 03/01/2013 16:24, Simon Sapin a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In both CSS 2.1 and the css3-syntax ED, url( is ASCII case-insensitive
>> but can not be escaped. This looks deliberate to be, but I’m told that
>> it could be an oversight. It’s a bit inconsistent with at-rules.
>>
>> According to this test case:
>>
>> data:text/html,<style>@import \75rl(data:,body{background:green)
>>
>> … url( can be escaped in Firefox and Opera but not in Chromium.
>>
>> I don’t think this ever is a problem in practice. We should just settle
>> one way or the other, have it in a test suite and move on.
>

> Actually, this has been raised and accepted before. It seems the edit was
just never made.

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012May/0329.html
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/uri-015.htm

Damn, I can't believe I missed that edit.

> In terms of css3-syntax, it’s probably easiest to handle this in the
ident-rest state. Attached is a patch for doing so for both URLs and
unicode ranges.

Have you tested unicode-range? I'm interested in seeing if the u, the +,
the -, or the ? can be escaped. I'll test in a few minutes if you haven't.