[css3-syntax] Escaping U, R or L in url() tokens

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:24:30 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

In both CSS 2.1 and the css3-syntax ED, url( is ASCII case-insensitive
but can not be escaped. This looks deliberate to be, but Iím told that
it could be an oversight. Itís a bit inconsistent with at-rules.

According to this test case:

data:text/html,<style>@import \75rl(data:,body{background:green)

Ö url( can be escaped in Firefox and Opera but not in Chromium.

I donít think this ever is a problem in practice. We should just settle
one way or the other, have it in a test suite and move on.

--
Simon Sapin