RE: [css-grid] proposal for repeat to take a third argument for jointure

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 19:28:04 +0100
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Rossen Atanassov <rossen.atanassov@microsoft.com>
> Oh!  Now I correctly read your example.  You're asking for a
> *separator* between repetitions!
>
> This seems potentially reasonable, but I'd still like to see a
> use-case for it.  Note that we resolved a while ago to add the gutter
> properties, which should solve a lot of problems similar to this.  (I
> really need to take the time to add it.)

Alright, I'll wait to see what you can and can't do with those gutters then, it's likely that it could solve this use case as well.

The only thing that may be hard to specify using gutters is the case where you only want "spacing" between certain columns (or where some columns are divided into subcolumns). This is probably possible to specify using gutters, I guess we probably need to see what is the easiest way here.

We may also want to consider what would be the easiest way to author using tools.

A lot of things to think about, so ;-)