Re: [cssom] Serializing url values

From: Bear Travis <betravis@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 18:33:28 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Hi Tab,

>The "serialize a URL" idiom is just a definition invoked locally by
>the spec.  When you serialize a CSS value, use the
>#serialize-a-css-value definition; the <uri> clause defines how to
>serialize it.  (It just invokes the "serialize a URL" definition.)

Looking back over the spec, it looks like my confusion stemmed from
misreading the line
<uri> The absolute URL URL escaped [1]

I read ³URL escaped² as ³URL encoded² rather than ³serialized as a url²
[2], which is what the spec links to.
If this is a common misreading, it might be worth changing the language to
something along the lines of:
<uri> The absolute URL, serialized
But, it could just be me.

Thanks again for clearing this up for me.
-Bear

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#serializing-css-values
[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#serialize-a-url