Re: [css-grid] Re: Holy grail layout using Flexbox

From: Mark <markg85@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:19:26 +0200
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Mark wrote:
>> As for grid, i know :) I already have the holy grail layout working in
>> grid. Sadly only for IE10 and the current grid layout spec changed
>> quite a bit.
>         #The grid spec has issue 16, 'Put in "common uses" section, like
>         #‘flex’ has, to describe what you would use ‘grid-area’ for, etc.'.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-grid-layout-20130402/#placement
> So if Alex and Phil don't already have in mind a good "Holy Grail" solution to put there, then maybe you should submit yours.

I'm not exactly sure if that covers it, but you can try my holy grail
version out here: http://jsfiddle.net/zxuNb/
NOTE! only works in IE10!

That is what i consider to be the holy grail layout. a 3 column
version (this one is a 2 column version) where the middle is
stretching would also be a holy grail.

As for me editing the draft. I kindly leave that to the ones that
actually edit the draft :) I'm just a mailing list member and post
from time to time.