Re: [css3-text] text-decoration-order

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:44:44 +0200
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>, 张立理 <otakustay@gmail.com>

> Suppose that we can't change CSS 2.1, GrayZhang (Cced) and I suggest we
> make UA draw underlines above text when 'text-decoration-style' isn't
> 'solid', but I am also curious how strong the use cases of something
> like 'text-decoration-order' is.

The use case is allowing other text decorations in the future[1]. If the
order should be different depending on the line decoration, I'll put that
into my proposal, which I'll publish the next days.
As I understand the CSS 2.1 specification fantasai mentioned[2] it's just
describing how line decorations of different elements are painted in regard
to each other, but it's not described how they should be drawn in relation
to the text.

Sebastian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Aug/0651.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/zindex.html#painting-order