Re: [css3-fonts][cssom] proposal for revised definition of CSSFontFaceRule

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Sebastian Zartner <
sebastianzartner@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

>> of
>> >
>> > What use cases are we trying to support?
>> >
>> > "for .. in" enumeration will enumerate all sorts of stuff in addition
>> to the
>> > descriptor names...
>>
>> You can use hasOwnProperty to fix that.  for-of loops fix it for you
>> automatically, and they've been approved for Harmony for some time.
>>
>> So, yes, I think enumeration of properties is sufficient, unless we
>> can establish any good use-cases for something more complicated.
>>

> Yes, enumeration is the use-case. And of course enumerating the
> descriptors you should be able to just get either their camelCased names or
> their property name representation. Though the descriptors should be
> accessible through both notations. Or there should be a mapping between
> both notations.

The current thinking is to do the latter only (define mapping between
notations in spec prose), and *not* provide enumeration or access via the
non-mapped (hyphenated) notation, but only via the mapped, camel-case
notation.