Re: [css4-images] Color stop syntax

Btw my suggested syntax wasn't exactly correct. It should use the && operator, not the || one, since both parts are required, i.e.:

About the midpoint, I really like fantasai’s suggestion. It’s much clearer, and it’s very easy to discover, even accidentally. In fact, I was wondering how such syntax should be handled, and this looks like a great way to handle it.

I was also thinking that although the current syntax for two color stop positions is easy to define, it might not be very easy to understand. Perhaps it could be made more readable by introducing a hyphen between the two positions, since they do denote a range. Example:
background: linear-gradient( white 33%, gray 33% 66%, black 66% );
 — vs —
background: linear-gradient( white 33%, gray 33% - 66%, black 66% );

Of course it would need to have mandatory whitespace on either side, to avoid ambiguity with negative numbers. Something like this:

Just a thought, I’m not even sure about it myself.

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations
http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou