Re: [cssom] Proposing a getDefaultComputedStyle method

From: Mike Sherov <mike.sherov@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:23:33 -0400
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Yeah, as a jQuery team member here, I would say this is a top ask of ours.

The IFRAME hack is nasty, and the none IFRAME case isn't much better.

The use case here is $(elem).show() when the author rules say the CSS
display value is "none". What CSS display value should be added?
Without keeping a large map of elements to default value, its
impossible to say without jumping through hoops.

We even have several tickets dedicated to working around the issue be
using the .hidden property of the element, but that'll be a dead end

I'm glad to see this gaining support!

Mike Sherov
Lead Developer
SNAP Interactive, Inc.
Ticker: STVI

Sent From Mobile: Please excuse my grammar, tone, and punctuation. My
thumbs can't produce flowery prose.