Re: position: pointer

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 23:21:35 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Lea Verou" <lea@w3.org>
Cc: "Jussi Kalliokoski" <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, <www-style@w3.org>
|  What might be a better approach is to add to the <position> type
|  something that allows this - for example, a "position()" function that
|  takes an argument detailing what you want the position of (right now,
|  only one value: pointer).

Seems a better approach to me indeed. Still, the intent isn't that clear in
the case you've no or more than one mouse pointer. I don't believe we can
make reasonable defaults for them that fits a significant number of cases.
As such, a script allow the author to fine tune depending on his needs,
which CSS will not allow. So, all in all, "position: pointer" may be good
enough for CSS needs.