RE: [css4-background][editorial] round missing from the list of acceptable values for border-corner-shape

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:16:23 +0000
To: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

[Lea Verou:]

>Anyway, to get on topic: It seems that its initial value (round) is not in the list of
>acceptable values (curve, bevel, scoop, notch). I assume that either it >was forgotten,
>or the initial value should change to one of the four permitted values. [1]

The definition of curve aligns with the current behavior; today's 'rounded' corners are
in fact elliptical - as you note, x and y can be different though they default to the
same thing - and they do form a convex curve.

The naming is somewhat questionable since 'scoop' is also a curve and is a pretty poor
term imo.  If convex and concave are too tricky, maybe curve-outside/curve-inside?