Re: [css3-fonts][css-variables][css-counter-styles-3][css3-values] Case sensitivity of user-defined identifiers

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:09:25 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, www-style@w3.org
On 10/3/12 2:05 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> But values do the same thing.  @counter-style takes the space of
> counter style names and mixes in user-defined idents.

I would have no problems, personally, making the user-defined idents
there case-sensitive while keeping the built-in counter styles
case-insensitive.

If we think that would be syntactically weird, we could require that
user-defined counter styles be strings, not idents.

> The discussions
> surrounding extending text-transform do the same thing.  Assuming we
> stick with this approach (rather than forcing the user-defined stuff
> into a distinguishable type, like <string>)

Glad you brought that up.  ;)  Maybe that's the path of lest pain after
all...

-Boris