Re: [css3-fonts][css-variables][css-counter-styles-3][css3-values] Case sensitivity of user-defined identifiers

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 00:57:19 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 23:12 -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> For what it's worth, the "case insensitive" parts of HTML use ASCII case
> insensitivity.
It turns out there's no single case folding rule that works as people
expects in all cases. Whatever you do, there are some people who end up
screwed by it :) For example, French treatment of accents being
(reportedly) different in France and Canada, and the famous dotless i
(ı) in Turkey whose upper-case variant is I, which looks like I and
lower-cases back to i, incorrectly...

So in XML we went with case sensitivity everywhere.

Liam