Re: animate/transition height to/from auto

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:07:26 -0800
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> What happens today with percentage values?
> It seems to me that if a computed value is a number, it should be
> transitionable.

For width and height, <percentage>s stick around in the computed value
(they don't turn into <length>s until used-value time).  <percentages>
know how to transition between themselves, but not with other values.

Now that calc() is in a CR-level draft, we should probably amend
Transitions to officially use that, to allow transitioning
<percentage> with whatever type the <percentage> is resolved against.